Ad ID: 5479
Added: April 9, 2019
Location: International (Outside of USA)
State: South Africa
Phone: +27 72 420 1079 (mobile)
Date Available: 04-10-19
Willing To Relocate: Yes
Handler Type: Explosives Detection
2 Corona Mews, Auriga Rd, Bergvliet, Cape Town, South Africa Telephone +27 72 420 1079 (mobile)
A highly experienced, hardworking K9 Handler who possesses considerable in-depth experience in K9 Handling. An established specialist, team leader, operations, Close Protection Operative, law enforcement officer, security instructor, anti-poaching and explosive detector dog team leader. I have worked in the UK, Kuwait, Egypt as well as the USA. I have several years experience within the security industry within a management position. I am a team worker and always willing to go the extra mile. I do not mind travelling. I am always ready to learn and take on new challenges. (All necessary injections received that are required to work abroad).
Now looking for a new and challenging position within CPO / Security / Dog Handler environment, making best use of existing skills and experience yet enable further personal and professional development. Willing to relocate. Work Nationally and Internationally.
Areas of Expertise
2016 – Present: Security Manager ( Large Schools group, Cape Town ).
2016 – VIP Protection (freelance)
• CPO Driver for Chinese Delegates (Cape Town from China) (Antarctica Expedition)
• CPO – Chinese Tourists to Cape Town
2015 – Retrenched Operations Manager – Coastal Security
• Plan and direct operations, improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of Operations. Co-ordinate manage and monitor the workings of the operations. Plan the use of human resources along with managing quality and quantity of employee productivity
• Manage operational plan. Improve processes and policies. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures. Facilitate co-ordination and communication between support functions
• Manage customer support. Disciplinary hearings
2014 – 2015 Kennel Master and K9 Trainer – Mississippi, USA
• Teaching the dog soft mouth retrieval for greater reliability of scent detection. Concentrated reading of canine body language.
• Scent detection of narcotics, explosives, firearms, and much more. Methods of teaching the dog to communicate discoveries. Tracking and trailing of lost or elusive people.
• Search patterns and techniques.
• Evaluate a dog to determine if she/he has the potential to become a protection dog. Evaluate and access an individual customer’s need for a personal protection dog. To enhance a dog’s natural defensive abilities and increase their confidence level. The art of criminal agitation through naturally raising the dog’s suspicion level by participating in agitation sessions in supervised workshops. Read and react instantaneously to canine body language. Techniques for teaching dog owners of a protection-trained
dog to properly use and control their dog’s protective instincts. How aggression behaviour problems develop.
• Overseeing the maintenance of the kennels, ordering of any stock required and training of junior handler.
2013 – 2014 Operations Manager – Executive Risk Consultants
• Practised in effective communication with the staff at all levels to ensure smooth running of assigned security operations. Adept at reviewing recorded data and damage reports to determine appropriate courses of action. Well versed in patrolling client’s premises of facility to establish security needs and services required. Demonstrated leadership ability in emergency response situations on site. Expert user of incident command system management.
2012 – 2013 EDD Handler and Team Leader – Eastern Security Company – Kuwait
• Lead a team of 17 handlers and dogs. My duties were to ensure that training of EDD handlers and dogs were ongoing, to maintain a high standard of service delivery to the client.
2012 – Included: K9 Handler / Trainer – (freelance)
• Assigned to a Saudi Arabian Royal Family in Egypt as a dog handler/ trainer.
• Events – Spotter – BMW stills shoots and commercials
– Starlight Classic FNB and RMB Cape Town
2002 – 2007 Security Officer – Morrissons, UK
• Security investigations into theft by staff members. Monitored 34 CCTV cameras (also freelance CPO for visitors to the UK)
2002 – 2012 VIP Protection (freelance)
• CPO – Faithless while on International Tour to South Africa
• CPO – Armin Van Buuren while on tour to South Africa
• Security Detail to Katherine Jenkins tour from Wales to South Africa
• CPO – Henry Rollins from the USA on tour (Cape Town)
• CPO – Mr B. Egbe (CEO Coca Cola SA) World Cup Soccer (Cape Town)
• CPO – Crowded House – International tour to South Africa
• VIP Lounge at the Loerie Awards in Cape Town
• Nu Metro Anti-piracy Events (Cape Town)
• Event Security – Launch of McLaren MP4 (Cape Town)
• Event Security – Smirnoff Night Life Exchange with Berlin (Cape Town)
• CPO – South African Police Union Officials – SAPU (Pretoria)
• CPO – Prince Zulu (King Goodwill Zweletini’s son) (KZN)
• CPO – Snr Police Officials from Manchester Police from the UK to KZN
• CPO – Taxi Association Executive Members (KZN)
• Security Detail – U2 tour to Cape Town
2002 – 2006 Taxi Violence Unit / VIP PROTECTION
• Body Guarding as well as K9 Handler and team leader to a team of 10 officers. Reduce possible taxi violence. Patrolling of taxi routes. Ensure safety of the public.
1995 – 1997 VIP Protection (freelance)
• Security Detail to Mr Mark Thatcher and family (Cape Town)
1984 – 1999 Law Enforcement
• During this period I worked as a dog handler for 7 years, I then moved over to the motor cycle division where I served 4 years’. The final 4 years I served in the water wing of the Law Enforcement as a Patrol / Rescue Boat Skipper where my duties covered anti-poaching patrols at sea, surf and sea rescues and searching of vessels at sea. Furthermore in my Law Enforcement career, my duties expanded to the enforcement of all the cities by laws as well as the supervision of my shift members, inspections, issuing of 341 Notices and Section 56 Notices as well as the deployment of my team for Crime Prevention Operations with SA Police. Furthermore I was also appointed under the Sea Fisheries Act as well as Nature Conservation Act as a Ranger.
1984 -2001 Army Reserve Force
• Daily inspections of troops, daily weapon inspections and ongoing training of troops. Daily running of an operational base. All duties related to a Base Commander.
1982 – 1984 Infantry Division at 6 SA Infantry Battalion – South African Army
• I completed 15 months in Angola during the South African and Angolan war against terrorism.
South African Defence Force-Infantry:
Law Enforcement Unit:
• Municipal Law Enforcement Officer/Peace Officer
• First Aid ( Level 3 – FPOS)
• AMOK- Knife fighting Arts
• Nature Conservation Ranger
• International Radio Operator- VHF
Other Courses completed:
• Rescue / Patrol Boat Skipper (Class A1-3)
• Advanced Tactical Defensive Weapons
• Dog Handler
• Firearms: CZ 75, LM4, Shotgun
• Advanced Driving
• Sea Fisheries Inspector